The teacher I wish ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The teacher I wish to become is ….., …., and……..

30 Posts
26 Users
2 Likes
Laura Klapková
(@laura)

The teacher I wish to become is enthusiastic, fair, and modern.

Enthusiastic:

If students sense lack of enthusiasm in their teacher’s approach to teaching, it can have detrimental effect on their motivation to learn, even given the lesson’s topic is attractive to students to begin with.

Fair:

I believe that being a fair teacher is just as important as being a competent one, even though this quality is often underrated. From what I remember from my school years, I think students have tremendous respect for teachers who treat everyone equally in the classroom, even if they do not excel at their job. Teachers who have favorites among students make the other students feel unimportant and undervalued, which leads to their demotivation and disengagement during the lesson. Therefore, it's essential for teachers to strive for fairness in their teaching as it has a positive impact on the overall learning environment, including student outcomes.

Modern:

In today's digital age, integrating technology, devices, and a variety of apps, into the classroom is crucial for engaging and motivating students in the learning process. By embracing technology, teachers can create a more dynamic and interactive learning environment that caters to the needs and interests of their students. Plus keeping up to date with the latest technological developments also enables teachers to connect with students and better understand their world, which is essentially the key to successful teaching.

Barbora Beniánová
(@benianova_b)

The teacher I wish to become is empathetic, engaging, and patient.

Empathy is what makes us human. Therefore, I would try to understand my students and offer a helping hand if needed. Empathy builds positive relationships based on trust and respect.

When I think back, I loved all the classes where we as students weren't just passive sponges that absorbed all the knowledge that our teachers were imparting to us, but were active and could try things out or be the ones to discover something on our own. This is harder in English than in my other subject, Geography, but engaging students in activities of any kind is, in my opinion, important. Letting students work instead of the teacher in the class is what I'd like to bring to my classes.

Understanding that students come from different backgrounds, have different paces, and attitudes towards the subject we are teaching seems to be the basics of teaching. Supporting and guiding the students go hand in hand. And this requires much patience.

Page 6 / 6
Share: