The teacher I wish ...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] The teacher I wish to become is ….., …., and……..

30 Posts
26 Users
2 Likes
Natália Belejíková
(@nbelejikova)

The teacher I wish to become is approachable, competent and fair. 

These are just few of the qualities that I would like to have as a future teacher (I find them most important). But some other qualities of a good teacher include skills in communication, listening, collaboration, adaptability, empathy and patience.

I believe approachability is important for a teacher because it helps to foster positive relationships with students, which in turn can enhance learning and academic success. When a teacher is approachable, students feel more comfortable asking questions, seeking help, and sharing their ideas and perspectives.

Competence is another important quality of a teacher because it makes teaching and student learning efficient. A competent teacher can create meaningful learning experiences, engage and challenge students, and build credibility and trust with students

Fairness in the classroom can help all the students feel included and respected. It is essential for a teacher because it promotes a positive learning environment, encourages student engagement, and supports academic achievement and personal growth.

We all have experience with both good and bad teachers and I believe we should learn from the mistakes of others if possible and be inspired by those who are good at what they do. 

Hana Smolová
(@hana-smolova)

The teacher I wish to become is supportive, compassionate and inspiring.

As a teacher, I would like to support my students in achieving their goals and at the same time help them with the challenges they may be facing. I would like to connect with students on an emotional level and show compassion for their problems. 

I would like to be an inspiring teacher who can inspire enthusiasm for learning in my students and help them understand the value of my subject.

Tomasz Wójtowicz
(@tomasz-wojtowicz)

The teacher I wish to become is professional, compassionate, and optimistic.

I believe, a professional teacher is the one who is the master of their craft, someone who not only knows the subject they teach but also they always have the right approach to convey knowledge. A professionalist knows exactly what methods can work in the reality of the classroom and outside of the learning environment.

Compassion is in my opinion crucial for understanding the learner's struggle. It is important that a teacher knows how to read the body language, face expressions, etc. in order to apply appropiate attitude.

Optimism is a part of major property which is believing in your students' ability. The benefit is mutual - an optimistic teacher is less likely to burn out because they see a purpose of their job, and a student who notices that they are appreciated by the teacher gains internal motivation to learn more.

Sofia Stadler
(@sofia-stadler)

The teacher I wish to become is resilient, approachable but also demanding.

I think it is important to be resilient in decision-making moments. Whenever a lot is going on, I want to remain clam. Therefore, I have to constantly self-reflect my behavior. Also, guiding core values will help me to take adequate decisions.

I wish to become approachable for my students. I want to communicate with my students outside of class, they can approach me to discuss their problems. My students should have the feeling that they can trust me and expect empathetic responses to their concerns.

Lastly, I wish to become a demanding teacher. I want my students to recognize their strengths and weaknesses and teach them tools to work on their competences. They should always have the feeling that I have an interest in them and care about their individual accomplishments.

Kilian Kollmer
(@kilian-kollmer)

The teacher I wish to become is valuing individuality, fair and competent

valuing individuality: Valuing individuality is definitely necessary as students differ from each other in numerous ways. For example, they may vary in which teaching approach they prefer (instructive vs. constructive), which learning method they like the best or their preconditions and abilities. Keeping such differences in mind the lessons have to be designed as inclusively as possible.

fair:It is very important not to consciously or unconsciously favour some students over others. Also, the whole process of assessing the students and marking their tests needs to be transparent, understandable and without giving advantages or disadvantages to certain students.

competent: It is indispensable for an English teacher to have mastered the language in order to provide the best English lessons possible. Aside (socio-) linguistic or discoursal competences the knowledge of the teacher must also cover (inter-) cultural competences and the ability of knowing how to teach a class by incorporating various teaching methods.   

Page 4 / 6
Share: